I was just standing in the middle of the kids' room. I didn't make it home from work on time for bedtime tonight, sometimes that just happens in tax season.
The lullaby CD is playing quietly in the background and the "nuh-night light" is shining softly, so I can see all of the details of each of their beautiful faces.
Nate has his legs tucked up under his belly so that his buns are hanging out of the blanket. When he is wearing his footy PJ's and is sound asleep he still looks just the teeniest bit like the baby I still think he is.
I can see the faintest bit of drool escaping from the corner of his perfect little lips. I tuck him in further and look around at the chaos he has created in his last ditch efforts to persuade Jeff to let him back out of his crib. Animals and blankets are strewn in a wide radius around him and a lone blue Little Einsteins sippy is upended near the changing table. Still, in all this, Ted is held close.
Accross the room "Poly" the penguin humidifier is puffing out soft mists of moisture from the top of Brianna's dresser. Next to that, a treasured photo of her and Annelise on their first day of preschool.
Always restless, Bri has worked her way out from under the covers and is semi-entangled in "Purple and Green Blankie". A stark contrast to the chaos of her covers "Pink Silky and Pink Baby" are nestled in a precise pattern to her right. Pink baby has been on many adventures since she was received, and although a bit worse for the wear, she still remains a treasured constant in Brianna's heart.
I softly kiss Brianna's forehead and whisper "I love you Breezy Bru". From somewhere in dreamland Bri murmers back "I love you too mommy".
No comments:
Post a Comment