Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Slumber Party

There is the distinct possibility that I have lost my mind. Allow me to start from the beginning.

Nate is now very adept at getting himself out of his crib. He also has a very strong desire to sleep in Brianna's bed. I have spent the last two and half hours putting Nate in bed only to have him greet me in the living room mere moments later.

Since my willpower is much less than that of a nearly-two year old, I decided that it was time to shake things up. So, I pulled his mattress out of the crib and placed it onto the floor of the kids' bedroom.

Not being one to miss out on something special.. Bri insisted that she make a "little" bed on the floor next to his mattress; and so began the first "slumber party" in the Koetje house.

~~~~~~~~~
10:10 PM -It has now been almost 20 minutes. There is far more party than slumber. I can hear Nate jumping up and down on the crib mattress and Brianna's chiding "Nafan, stop being so naughty", "Nafan, that is not a good choice" and "Nafan, NO!".

A quick peek into their room reveals that all available blankets, sheets, stuffed animals and other bedtime prutz have been piled onto what used to be their "beds". Shouldn't they fall over exhausted at some point here?

~~~~~~~~~
10:30 PM -Kids still awake. Mommy still tired. Kids have now closed door to their bedroom. All hope for an early evening has been lost.

~~~~~~~~~
10:40 PM - Is it too late to drop them off at Grandma and Grandpas for the night?

~~~~~~~~~
10:45 PM - I SWEAR, I never did this to my parents. This has got to be Jeff's fault.

~~~~~~~~~
10:47 PM - "MOMMY! NATE IS WEARING JEWELRY!!!"

~~~~~~~~~
10:51 PM -

Nate: "num num num num num"

Brianna: "Nafan stop"

Nate: "num num num num num num num num"

Brianna: "MOMMY! NAFAN KEEPS MAKING HIS PLATYPUS BITE ME!"

~~~~~~~~~
10:55 - husband pulls into driveway.... help is on the way.

~~~~~~~~
11:00 PM - Jeff is "dealing with the situation" I'd love to stay and chat, but the sand-man is calling!

1 comment:

Christi said...

This story came at the perfect moment! Long night here, thank you so much!